The Newspaper Association of America -- NAA -- is about to hold its annual conference in DC next month. Some of us (Content Bridges, Newsosaur) have carped about the NAA's rose-colored view of newspapers' future, their reach seeming to extend into the horizon as their revenues sink into the basement.
So I think it's only fair to offer ideas for marketing the newspaper of today. That's the print newspaper, not the bundled reachy offers newspaper companies are putting together. Here are my 10. What are yours?
1. The Newspaper: Thinner Than a Mac Air!
2. We're Greener! Fewer Forests Felled!!
3. Now! More Time on Sunday to Do Other Things!
4. Newspapers: We're "Younger" Than Network News!
5. Just in Time for the Recession! Fewer Stock Listings to Scare You!!
6. We Reach 156% of U.S. Households*
7. The Sunday Paper: Now Easier on Your Aching Back!
8. You Deserve a Break....From Computer Reading!
9. We'll Still Got All Your Inserts -- For Now!
10. New and Improved -- With More Yahoo!
*Base reporting period: 1950-1985